Like everything else pertaining to social media every task takes time. There is no easy button unless you think it is ok to purchase your followers.
I can tell you right up front that it’ll really suck when you figure out that those types of followers are no good. Also you must come to the realty that not every follower is a potential lead.
In your attempt to attract your target audience, you will definitely scoop some riff raft up in your Twitter following net. That is part of the nature of any social media network. Keeping a clean feed takes work and so does following quality profiles and hoping the same caliber of profiles follow you back.
Have you taken a peek at some Twitter profiles where there a twenty thousand followers or more? I guarantee you they are not all quality followers.
Have you struggled with the question of who to follow? If you know your audience then this will not be a hard question to answer. The next question is the where?
Again, and I can’t say this enough, definitely don’t waste your money buying followers. It may visually look impressive to have a lot of followers, but it is meaningless because of the manner which they were procured. I’m pretty sure most will be from inactive accounts with little to no engagement.
So just how do you increase your followers? A bit of elbow grease and a few minutes daily. Let’s not forget some patience.
Heres How to Increase Twitter Followers Effectively
- Post quality and valuable content. If you feel like you’re listening to a broken record when you hear this advice, that is because it is important. If your content is flat, no one will care.
- Follow list where your potential audience hangs. List are like gold mines because most are focused and specific. Subscribe and be lurker.
- Follow people on those list.
- Be picky and take the time to review profiles. You may not have time to check out every profile, but make it a practice to take a look at the majority.
- Take 10 minutes daily to follow as many people as you can within that time. Most will follow you back. It can’t hurt. The more followers you follow the more attention you bring to your fabulous brand’s profile.
- Once you reach the mysterious Twitter follow ratio (2000) you won’t be allowed to follow any more people until your followers reach a certain amount. Don’t be discourage. If you perform the next step you will surpass that hurdle quickly.
- Part of your maintenance will be to unfollow people who don’t follow you back. It sounds desperate, but it’s just business. You need to follow people who follow back.
Here are some tools of the trade that anyone can use to be more productive on Twitter:
TweetDeck – is a dashboard type of application where you can mange your Twitter account via your computer desktop or from a mobile device. After authorization you will be able to send messages, tweet & view several timelines from your dashboard. The application is free and offers more features to manage your account.
Hootsuite – is a dashboard type of application where you can manage not only your Twitter account, but Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and more. Hootsuite is a very powerful social media management system which allows you to simultaneously manage several timelines at the same time. You can perform searches, mange email opt in accounts and automate post. There are also reports available for you to review your accounts activity. There is a free version that you can use indefinitely and a few upgraded versions which have additional functionality.
Twitonomy – Personally this is one of my favorites and I use it almost everyday. Not only can you manager your followers and unfollowers, you will have access to comprehensive statistics. You can also check out he competitions stats. This is also a free tool.
Unfollowers.com – This is also a 3rd party application that allows you to do exactly as the name suggest. Unfollowers.com allows you to follow & unfollower users. A few actions that can be performed are unfollowing potential fake accounts & following in bulk, those followers from a competitors profile. There are more features you can use and having an account is free.
Manageflitter– This is also a dashboard type of account that will allow you to manager followers, unfollowers, active & inactive account maintenance. You can also manage multiple Twitter accounts. The account is also free.
Justfollow.com – Using this resources will allow you to manager your Twitter & Instagram accounts. You can manager things like blacklist & whitelist to include followers and unfollowers. There is also an option to send new followers automated DM’s (direct messages). I would high recommend that you don’t automate DM’s. That is however a decision that you need make your on decisions about.
Socialoomph – This is a social media productivity tool which is free for 7 days if you want to use the pro version. You will be able to manager all the large social media networks to include Twitter. You will be able to perform functions such as managing direct messages, scheduling positing and tracking timelines and news feeds. There are also many more functions you can take advantage of to manager your social media accounts.
If you wait for followers and do nothing you will be disappointed. It takes work to grow your followers.
If you follow this method then you will grow your followers honestly & quickly.
What strategies work for you to increase your Twitter Followers?